Congregation Beth El is a vibrant egalitarian congregation welcoming people of all backgrounds and approaches to Judaism. We serve the religious, educational, cultural and social needs of the Potsdam-Canton community and the North Country.
Shabbat: 7 pm Fridays
Hebrew School: 10 am-noon Sundays
- Erev Rosh Hashanah: Fri Sept 18th 6:30pm
We are very excited to welcome Rabbi Margie back again this year for High Holiday services at Beth El. Now, more than ever, is a time to come together and celebrate and reaffirm our relationship with Hashem and one another. We hope you can join us.
We will have both online and in-person options. Click here to RSVP and let us know how you plan to participate this year. RSVP is required for both service formats. Early RSVP will help the committee with planning.
The safety plans and protocols are in accordance with CDC and NY State Phase IV Reopening guidelines and have been approved by the local board of health.
In Person High Holiday Services:
- COVID Testing will be required
- Physical distanced seating at 12 feet
- Masks required
- Sanctuary will be modified to ensure safety while creating a meaningful experience.
- No Break-the-fast or Oneg at Beth El
Online High Holiday Services:
- Online services from Beth El will be broadcast for those at home.
- Secure link will be provided for participants
- Contact us if you need a Machzor (High Holiday Prayerbook)
- Rosh Hashanah Services Sat Sept. 19th 9:30am
- Tashlich Services & Picnic in Ives Park Sat Sept. 19th 4:30pm
Join Rabbi Margie for our annual community tashlich service at the Ives Park Gazebo. This year, bring a picnic and join the community in an outdoor gathering after the service.
- Rosh Hashanah Services Sun Sept. 20th 9:30am
- Kol Nidre Services Sun Sept 27th 6:30pm
- Yom Kippur Services Mon Sept. 28th 9:30am
- Yom Kippur Neila Services Mon. Sept 28th 6:00pm
Hebrew School & Family-oriented Programming
Fun, inspiring and educational Jewish activities with an emphasis on tzedakah (charity/generosity) and tikkun olam (social justice/kindness).
Promoting a connection with each other and Judaism through the celebration of Jewish holidays, and the study of Hebrew Language and prayer.
We are a vibrant egalitarian congregation welcoming people of all backgrounds and approaches to Judaism. We serve the religious, educational, cultural and social needs of the Potsdam-Canton community. Congregation Beth El emphasizes understanding and celebration of Jewish liturgy and song while striving to help congregants explore contemporary understanding of such Jewish values as tikkun olam (repairing the world) and tzedek (justice), g’milut hasadim (performing deeds of loving kindness), and shalom (peace or wholeness).